Sesion 2 (late): Transantiago, before and after

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I always had play the part of the transantiago's advocate, because I think there's a lot of good things about this transport system and I actually know what I'm saying because I experienced the older system, the new one and the transport system in province.
The transantiago is actually cheaper than the yellow buses, and also faster, because I remeber that in the past, I had to pay for two or three buses, and to go short distances I use to walk. Now because to take two, even three, buses it cost the same as one, you have more choices, and you can take buses just for a few blocks.
People always said that the frequency of transantiago is the worst, but the frequency of the yellow buses wasn't any better. Some others says that it depends on the commune, but I have taken buses in Vitacura, la Pintana, Maipu, Ñuñoa, las Condes, and there's really no difference among them.
It's true that when the transantiago started, it didn't do it properly. Changes have been made since then, but sometimes the people it's just used to complain, and the media doesn't help either.
I think I would deffinitly do something about the payment, but that subject is really complicated. I think the drivers also need better working conditions. But while the people is not educated in the use of this system, not much can be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment